Mengyi “Jason” Ye is Of Counsel to Ortoli Rosenstadt LLP and Co-Chair of firm’s Asia Practice.
Jason concentrates his practice on general corporate and securities law. His experience includes representing both domestic and international public companies, underwriters and institutional investors on transactions including underwritten initial public offerings, self-filings and reverse mergers, as well as such matters as debt and equity financing including Regulation D and Regulation S private placement offerings and PIPEs. Jason also advises public companies on general corporate governance and federal filing requirements under the Securities Act of 1933 and Securities Exchange Act of 1934, including registration statements on Form S-1 or F-1, current reports on Form 8-K or 6-K, annual reports on Form 10-K or 20-F, quarterly reports on 10-Q, and Section 13, 14 and 16 filings. Jason is a native speaker of Mandarin Chinese and Shanghainese dialect and has experience in working with many Chinese public companies.
Prior to joining the firm, Jason was associated with two firms with nationally recognized securities practice in New Jersey. While in law school, Jason interned for the Honorable Joseph A. Dickson, United States Magistrate Judge for the District of New Jersey in Newark. He also spent time at the Major Economics Crime Bureau of the New York County District Attorney’s Office and Consumer Affairs Counseling section of New Jersey Office of the Attorney General. Once selected to represent Rutgers School of Law to compete in the International Chamber of Commerce Mediation Competition in Paris, Jason also served as the Symposium Editor of the Rutgers Race and Law Review and the President of the Asian Pacific American Law Student Association.
Jason currently sits on the Alumni Steering Committee of the Rutgers Center for Corporate Law and Governance. He is also an avid Yankee fan and enjoys creating gourmet dishes in his leisure.
- Represented a Chinese fintech service company in its IPO and listing on Nasdaq
- Represented a Chinese hardware manufacturer in its private placements, IPO and listing on Nasdaq
- Represented underwriter in a Chinese financial service company’s IPO and listing on Nasdaq
- Represented underwriter in a Chinese home improvement company’s IPO and listing on Nasdaq
- Represented underwriter in a Chinese hardware manufacturer’s IPO and listing on Nasdaq
- Represented underwriter in a Chinese alternative energy producer’s IPO and listing on Nasdaq
- Represented a Nasdaq-listed Chinese company in Nasdaq delisting hearing and successfully obtained delisting exception from the hearing panel
- Represented a Chinese infrastructural development company in its uplisting application from the OTC Markets to Nasdaq
- Represented and sponsored a Hong Kong healthcare company in its uplisting application from OTCQB to OTCQX
- Represented a U.S. digital media platform company in a PIPE financing consisting of convertible notes and warrants
- Represented an Australia healthcare company in a PIPE financing consisting of senior secured convertible note