Paul Pincus is head of the firm’s private company Mergers and Acquisitions practice, a member of the firm’s Corporate and Global Mobility practices, and head of the firm’s Staffing practice. Paul’s practice focuses on complex mergers and acquisitions, corporate law, contracts and licensing, executive retention agreements, and employment law, for domestic and international companies.
Paul advises and assists international companies on establishing and expanding their operations in the U.S., and U.S. companies on expansion abroad. He also serves as outside U.S. general counsel to clients, providing day-to-day legal and business counsel on a variety of matters.
Paul is an accomplished corporate and M&A attorney who has completed over 120 deals across a range of industries during the past 35 years. Paul has written and lectured extensively before national and state trade associations on mergers and acquisitions, contract issues, employment law, and other topics. He has also lectured on mergers and acquisitions for several years at Columbia Business School, and has been a guest speaker on M&A issues for KPMG. He is a member of the mergers and acquisitions committee of the American Bar Association.
Paul is one of the leading attorneys in the country in the representation of staffing and IT firms, having represented on a national basis clients in the staffing and IT industries on a broad range of corporate, mergers and acquisitions, contracts, executive retention, and employment law, matters for over 35 years. He was the first General Counsel of the New York Staffing Association and has served for the past 19 years as General Counsel of the New York, New Jersey and Connecticut Chapters of TechServe Alliance – the national trade association of the IT and engineering staffing and solutions industry.
Most of Paul’s clientele are in the Information Technology, software, staffing, manufacturing, aerospace, pharmaceutical and hospitality industries.
- Represented FlexTrade Systems Inc. in the pending $125+ million sale of its MaxxTrader FX trading platform to the Singapore Exchange.
- Represented one of the largest multinational staffing firms in numerous acquisitions and divestitures during the build-out of its U.S. operations.
- Represented a $150M staffing firm in the sale of its commercial staffing and home healthcare operations.
- Represented numerous IT staffing and solutions firms in their sales to national and multinational staffing firms.
- Represented a global fintech company in its acquisition of a French software firm.
- Represented numerous staffing firms (commercial staffing, accounting and finance, and IT staffing) in their recapitalizations by private equity firms.
- Represented a French multinational communications company in its acquisition of a controlling equity interest in a U.S. event planning and public relations firm for luxury brand products.
- Represented a global fintech company in several U.S. acquisitions and in the $24 million recapitalization of a U.S. subsidiary.
- Represented a French spirits manufacturer in its acquisition of a large U.S. spirits distributor and related intellectual property rights.
- Represented several hospitality companies in acquisitions and sales.
- Represented a digital staffing platform in several acquisitions.
- Represented an Italian multinational aerospace company in its acquisition of a U.S. metal finishing business.